zaterdag 3 september 2022

vertrouw vooral jeZelf

 “I don’t believe in health foods or diets either. I have probably been eating all of the wrong things all of my life — and I have thrived on it. I eat to enjoy my food. Whatever I do I do first for enjoyment.

I don’t believe in regular check-ups. If there is something wrong with me, I’d rather not know about it, because then I could only worry about it and aggravate the condition.
Nature often remedies our ills better than the doctor can.
I don’t believe there is a prescription for a long life. Besides, who wants to live to be a hundred? What’s the point of it?
A short life and a merry one is far better than a long life sustained by fear, caution and perpetual medical surveillance. With all the progress medicine has made over the years we still have a pantheon of incurable diseases. The germs and microbes seem to have the last word always.
When all else fails the surgeon steps in, cuts us to pieces, and clears us out of our last penny. And that’s progress for you.”
Henry Miller, amerikaans schrijver, rebel (1891 -1980)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten