zondag 7 april 2019

Polly Higgins werd ‘uitgeschakeld’, zoals zo velen die zich verzetten tegen grote systemen


“She is a barrister who has devoted her life to creating an international crime of ecocide. This means serious damage to, or destruction of, the natural world and the Earth’s systems. It would make the people who commission it – such as chief executives and government ministers – criminally liable for the harm they do to others, while creating a legal duty of care for life on Earth.


Last week Polly was diagnosed, at the age of 50, with an aggressive cancer that has spread through much of her body. The doctors have told her she has six weeks to live. Given her determination and the support of those around her, I expect her to defy the prediction, which she has met with amazing fortitude. “If this is my time to go,” she told me, “my legal team will continue undeterred. But there are millions who care so much and feel so powerless about the future, and I would love to see them begin to understand the power of this one, simple law to protect the Earth – to realise it’s possible, even straightforward. I wish I could live to see a million Earth Protectorsstanding for it – because I believe they will.”

BRON: 2 April 2019.

It would force anyone contemplating large-scale vandalism to ask themselves, ‘Will I end up in the Hague for this?'



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten