zondag 23 december 2018

wees anders dan ...

The Monk Manifesto: Seven Principles for Living with Deep Intention

Monk: from the Greek monachos meaning single or solitary. A monk in the world does not live apart but immersed in the everyday with a single-hearted and undivided presence, always striving for greater wholeness and integrity.
Manifesto: from the Latin for clear, means a public declaration of principles and intentions.
Monk Manifesto: A public expression of your commitment to live a compassionate, contemplative, and creative life.
The Monk Manifesto
1.            I commit to finding moments each day for silence and solitude, to make space for another voice to be heard, and to resist a culture of noise and constant stimulation.
2.            I commit to radical acts of hospitality by welcoming the stranger both without and within. I recognize that when I make space inside my heart for the unclaimed parts of myself, I cultivate compassion and the ability to accept those places in others.
3.            I commit to cultivating community by finding kindred spirits along the path, soul friends with whom I can share my deepest longings, and mentors who can offer guidance and wisdom for the journey.
4.            I commit to cultivating awareness of my kinship with creation and a healthy asceticism by discerning my use of energy and things, letting go of what does not help nature to flourish.
5.            I commit to bringing myself fully present to the work I do, whether paid or unpaid, holding a heart of gratitude for the ability to express my gifts in the world in meaningful ways.
6.            I commit to rhythms of rest and renewal through the regular practice of Sabbath and resist a culture of busyness that measures my worth by what I do.
7.            I commit to a lifetime of ongoing conversion and transformation, recognizing that I am always on a journey with both gifts and limitations.


I wanted people to see that there are companions who also hunger for ways of living with deep intention. I wanted to start a movement of monks. I don’t know exactly what it will look like, but, like most things in my life that are life-giving, it begins by following a thread, a sense of awe at the invitation being offered to me, even if I can only see the edges.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten