donderdag 1 maart 2018

beyond statemant


"People call me an ‘enlightened man’ -- I detest that term -- they can’t find any other word to describe the way I am functioning.  At the same time, I point out that there is no such thing as enlightenment at all.  I say that because all my life I’eve searched and wanted to be an enlightened man, and I discovered that there is no such thing as enlightenment at all, and so the question whether a particular person is enlightened or not does not arise.  I don’t give a hoot for a sixth-century-BC Buddha, let alone all the other claimants we have in our midst.  They are a bunch of exploiters, thriving on the gullibility of the people.  There is no power outside of man.  Man has created God out of fear.  So the problem is fear and not God." 

U.G. Krishnamurti

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten